Winnergist is a trusted news platfrom

I Told Him To Surrender The Ticket To Me Because I’m His Elder Brother And Things Went Wrong -Kente

According to a report by The Sun on Sunday, May 17, 2026, Chief David Sabo Kente, an All Progressives Congress (APC) leader in Taraba State, has claimed that Saturday’s primary poll for the House of Representatives in the state did not go according to plan.

Despite video footage claiming an election was held, he insisted the exercise could not go ahead because voting materials were only handed out late the night before.

On Sunday in Jalingo, Kente made this known when speaking with journalists about worries over the primary’s conduct. He said that reports from some places did not match up with what happened in reality.

According to him, the delay in transporting election materials was the root cause of the process disruption.

The representative from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) called him at about 5 in the morning on Sunday, he went on to say.

He stated that he was notified by the call that the distribution of electoral materials was scheduled to commence at the Fastrack Hotel.

Video footage purportedly depicting the conduct of the poll were already making the rounds when this information was leaked, he said.

Additionally, Kente refuted allegations that he had been involved in any kind of inducement.

Based on his understanding of the issue, he emphasised that he was not aware of any effort by the government to influence or convince him in any way.

Following this, he elaborated on his conversations with another party stakeholder, saying that they reviewed a number of topics throughout their interaction.

According to him, there was never an agreement for him to step aside in favour of someone else.

In addition to requesting information on the party ticket, he mentioned that he reminded the other side of the events that led up to the present predicament.

He claims that in order to move the process along, both parties have agreed to keep consulting with one another.

In order to show that he needed to consult with his backers and take their feedback into account before taking any additional action, he said that running for office was not an entirely personal decision.

Additionally, he mentioned that most of the people he spoke to were in favour of staying in the race.

He said, “We discussed and agreed on a number of issues but there is nothing like me withdrawing for him. The issue came up and I reminded him of how we got to where we are. I requested him to surrender the ticket to me because I am his elder brother and things have not been good in the last few years.

We agreed to consult further on the way forward. It wasn’t my decision to run and so I’ll have to brief my people and get feedback from them. Most of the people I’ve consulted insist that we should continue with the race.”……See More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *