According to a report by The Times Of Israel on May 17, 2026, US President Donald Trump still believes Iran wants to make a deal and expects Tehran to submit an updated proposal in the coming days, based on reported remarks he made in a phone call with Channel 12.
The news outlet reports that he declines to specify a deadline for negotiations but warns of harsher military action if Iran fails to meet US demands over its nuclear program.
“We want to make a deal, but the Iranians are not at the place we want them to be right now,” Trump reportedly says. “They will need to reach that place, or they will receive a harsh blow.”
“If they don’t come to us with a better offer, we will hit them harder than anything we’ve done to them so far,” Trump reportedly adds.
Trump also said his phone call with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier in the day was positive and largely focused on the war with Iran, according to Channel 12.
The comments highlight continued tensions between Washington and Tehran as efforts to restart nuclear negotiations remain uncertain. Trump’s remarks suggest that while the US still sees a diplomatic path forward, it is coupled with a firm warning that failure to reach an acceptable agreement could trigger stronger military responses.
The situation reflects the fragile state of talks surrounding Iran’s nuclear program, with both sides under pressure amid regional instability. His discussions with Netanyahu further point to close coordination with Israel on security developments and shared concerns over Iran’s nuclear ambitions, as diplomatic activity continues in the days ahead……See More





























Leave a Reply